There is no exaggeration to say that Hong Kong is an international financial hub for the past decades, thanks in part to the world-class financial service regulatory framework and the robust monitoring and enforcement actions of the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC).
By establishing its presence in Hong Kong, a financial institution enjoys the best of both worlds – the credentials of being regulated by a “first tier” jurisdiction, and a simple, one-tier tax system of a typical Asian city-state with a substantially lower effective tax rate than the Western counterparts.
Our team has the requisite expertise to provide a one-stop service for current licensees, as well as prospective applicants, in setting up, maintaining and expanding its functions, covering every aspect of its operations.
One-stop full service
We understand the particular challenges facing a regulated institution in ensuring compliance in all aspects of its operations, including (without limitation) privacy and personal data protection, taxation, corporate governance and secretarial, employment and sub-contracting, and financial management. Our full service team leverages on expertise in all these areas to provide one-stop, fully integrated, practical solutions to our client.
Flexible engagement structures
Building good rapport and long-term relationship with our client is always our priority. We offer flexible engagement options tailor-made to the client’s needs. We offer project-based, all-inclusive fixed fees for conducting licence applications and transactions, as well as preparing and reviewing template documents. We also offer annual or monthly retainer packages covering enquiries and advice in daily operations.
- Evaluating business plans and scope of proposed services and operations
- Identifying potential regulated activity(ies) and licence(s) required
- Analysing, evaluating and implementing options (application for a new licence vs acquisition of a licensed corporation) based on client’s preference and circumstances
- Preparing and/or reviewing internal control protocols and policies, template agreements and documents to ensure compliance
- Sourcing professional and other resources required for the compliance functions
- Reviewing internal control policies in response to regulatory updates
- Evaluating proposed new business activities and operations, as well as projects and transactions, on legal and regulatory perspective
- Managing and advising on projects and transactions from start to finish
- Answering enquiries and providing legal and compliance advice on ad-hoc matters as and when required
- Advising on, setting up and maintaining offshore funds and special purpose structures
- Investigating and responding to enquiries from the SFC and (where relevant) The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited
- Handling complaints from and disputes with clients of the financial institution