Richard is head of the Dispute Resolution Group and is responsible for matters involving civil and commercial litigation, dispute resolution, and corporate and commercial matters generally. Richard has acted in connection with shareholders/directors disputes, intellectual property infringement and general commercial litigation. In recent years such matters have included a number of insolvency and regulatory matters, matters involving the mis-selling of financial products and other professional negligence claims, contested probate matters, arbitration and expert determination relating to rent reviews.
- Morgan Stanley Emerging Markets Inc. v. Legend International Resort Ltd. (FAMV 11/2007) – Court of Final Appeal, decision on leave application to appeal to the Court of Appeal in relation to winding-up proceedings.
- Hotung v. Ho Yuen Ki (CACV 178 of 2006 on appeal from HCMP 2701 of 2005) - Trustees' obligations to furnish accounts and information; members' rights to information under s. 152 FA of the Companies Ordinance.
- RACP Pharmaceutical Holdings v. Li Xiaobo (HCA 490 of 2007) - Grant of Mareva Injunction against vendor of a pharmaceutical business in People's Republic of China.
- Re Diyon Development Ltd. (HCCW 178 of 2006) - Supporting Creditors claim under Wining-up Petition and application for provisional liquidator.
- Lim Por Yen v. Highfit Development Co. Ltd. (HCA 1942 of 2002 and CACV 19 of 2004, HCA 1700 of 2002).
- Adrienne Lefkowitz v. Bank of New York and others (HCA 4573 of 2003) - Acting on behalf of administrators of an estate, defending claim made by Deceased's daughter that monies held by Mr. Li Ka Shing on behalf of the Estate were in fact held for the daughter.
- Re: Sky Finder Ltd. (CWU402 of 1991) - Grant of compulsory Winding-up Order.
- Harbour City Management Ltd. v. Finstar Ltd. (LDBM 249 of 1998) - Defending claim made by management company with respect to alleged encroachment by an owner of common areas, alleged breach of Deed of Mutual Covenant and encroachment by an owner of common areas.
- Longquan Ltd. and other v. Morgan Guarantee Trust Co. of New York (HCA 862 of 1995).
- Adrienne Lefkowitz v. Bank of New York and others (CACV 13 of 1996 on appeal from HCMP 1638 of 1993) - Defending application made by a beneficiary for a removal of administrators of a Deceased's Estate.
- Re: RSH (HCMP 592 of 2006) - Application made under the provisions of the Mental Health Ordinance for the appointment of a committee to manage an alleged mentally incapacitated person's assets.
- Re: Court of Special Judge Delhi India (HCMP 390 of 1994) - Setting aside a Hong Kong order made pursuant to a request for judicial assistance from a foreign court.