Opportunities at OLN
If you are an experienced solicitor or a support staff, then please forward your C.V. and covering letter to email@example.com.
Please include your salary expectations and if possible, a recommendation with your application if you are an experienced solicitor.
At OLN we understand that this is the first step in your legal career so choosing the right firm is very important. We also want to make sure that we choose the right people as we hope they will continue to work for OLN long after qualification.
Being a trainee at OLN is demanding and rewarding in equal measure. It means that enthusiasm, energy, commitment, ambition and an eagerness to learn are essential traits of any prospective trainee. In return for your hard work, you can look forward to quality training, which allows plenty of autonomy and exposure to clients, and a structured career progression after qualification.
Who should Apply ?
- Law graduates who have recently completed their PCLL course, or expect to do so in the near future.
- Upper second class law degree (2:1 or equivalent).
- Excellent English language is a must; written and spoken Chinese is a distinct advantage.
- OLN welcomes both local and overseas applicants.
We want trainees who are commercially minded, confident and keen to take on responsibility. It’s a given that you will have excellent academics, but we also want people with great inter personal skills and a hands on, “can do” approach.
How and When to Apply
- Conducted by the Graduate Recruitment Partner and a member of the Senior Management.
- This interview will include a spoken and written assessment to test your legal and language skills.
- Conducted by the Graduate Recruitment Partner and another Partner.
- Upon commencement of your 2 years training contract, you will meet your Training Principal and receive a thorough induction covering the working practices at OLN. You will also be introduce to our Trainee Mentor who is available throughout your training contract to provide advice and guidance.
- At the end of your 3-months’ probation period you will have a formal review with your Training Principal and the Graduate Recruitment Partner.
- Throughout your training contract you will have quarterly reviews with your Training Principal. These should be used as an opportunity for open and honest feedback to be given by both sides.
At OLN we will not only give you the opportunity to develop and enhance your abilities as a young lawyer but we will also give you opportunities to develop your interpersonal skills, communication, commercial awareness, business development and marketing skills as well. These skills are all critical to understanding the requirements of a business and are necessary for lawyer at OLN to have so that you can fully appreciate our clients’ needs. We encourage all members of staff to attend at least one external networking event per month. This is a great way for you to learn to network and meet people in industries you may be unfamiliar with. We have monthly staff socials and various ad hoc staff events throughout the year which ensures that our people can develop and build relationships with colleagues across the firm. We also hold regular CPD and training events which we require all of our trainees to attend.
The next step is for you to send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions relating to
recruitment, please contact our Director of Operations at +852 2868 0696.
Download our Graduate Recruitment Brochure:
We know and treasure our staff and invest in the development of new skills they need to succeed in their careers. We are committed to fostering diversity and ensuring that everyone has equal opportunities. While we continue helping our people thrive, we are honoured and humbled to be named “Employer of Choice, Asia’s Best Law Firms to Work For” by Asian Legal Business (ALB) for five consecutive years.