Crystal is a Hong Kong, UK and BVI qualified litigator with over 10 years’ experience. She is equally experienced in both onshore and offshore matters, ranging from cross-border commercial/shareholders disputes, trust disputes, insolvency, restructuring, and the enforcement of debts. Crystal counsels on potential disputes, mitigation litigation risks, and corporate governance issues, and is able to provide inclusive and integrated advice on the onshore and offshore aspects of each matter. Trilingual in Cantonese, Mandarin and English, Crystal advises clients in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan.
- Advising and acting for the majority shareholder of a family business worth over HKD13bn in a cross-jurisdictions dispute involving proceedings in the PRC, Hong Kong, Taiwan and the BVI.
- Advising and acting for a US based medical appliances manufacturing company to regain control of its PRC operation through legal actions commenced in Hong Kong, the location of its holding WFOE.
- Advising and acting for a number of high-profile Defendants under prosecution by the ICAC for bribery related offences.
- Advising and acting for a former chairman of a listed company in successfully defending a claim brought against him by the SFC for providing false information.
- Providing legal support to IPO and M&A projects including advising on the transaction documents, and making court applications under the Companies Ordinance to rectify corporate records.
- Advising and acting for a PRC bank in the first case where the BVI Court has recognized and enforced judgments from the PRC Courts worth USD45M, and obtained an order appointing post-judgment receivers by way of equitable execution over the shares.
- Advising and acting for bank trustee in proceedings commenced under section 48 of the Cayman Trust Law in relation to dispute amongst the beneficiaries of a trust with assets worth approximately USD120M.
- Advising and acting for a listed company in restructuring its offshore bond debt by way of a Scheme of Arrangement, which was the second Scheme sanctioned by the BVI court.
- Advising and acting for minority shareholders in an IT company specializing in government projects in Macau with total annual income of USD15M, seeking reliefs under section 184I of the BVI Business Companies Act (i.e. an unfair prejudice claim).
- Advising and acting for a listed company in a Jersey proceedings against its former CEO.
- Advising and acting for a Russian bank in obtaining a Norwich Pharmacal order against the registered agent in the BVI to compel disclosure of identities of the shareholders and directors on the grounds that the disclosure sought would assist with ongoing efforts to enforce a substantial foreign money judgment.