Eunice is a partner with the firm’s Dispute Resolution Group. She is qualified to practise in Hong Kong and Canada with extensive experience advising financial institutions, corporations and high net-worth individuals in multi-jurisdictional disputes including:
- bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings and related litigation arising from such proceedings
- multi-party, cross-border shareholders’ disputes
- contractual disputes
- white collar crime including financial regulatory investigations and related judicial review proceedings
- internet fraud and money-laundering
- trademark disputes
- defamation and breach of privacy claims
- land disputes
- trust and estate disputes for private clients
Prior to joining OLN, Eunice was a member of the litigation teams of international and PRC-based law firms and a prosecutor for the Canadian government.
- Acting for the liquidator and provisional liquidator in over 40 highly-contested winding up proceedings as part of a global insolvency and restructuring process of a multi-national fish trading conglomerate with worldwide operations and entities listed in HK and Singapore.
- Acting for a PRC-controlled company in setting aside an interim injunction and commencing proceedings for the appointment of a provisional liquidator in an offshore jurisdiction with a view to removing directors within the group on the basis of equitable winding up.
- Defending shareholders in a suit commenced by the trustees-in-bankruptcy of a previous shareholder (the bankrupt) alleging that the sale of shares by the bankrupt should be declared void for lack of consideration.
- Representing an international private bank in bankruptcy proceedings against a guarantor with a high profile in Asia.
- Acting for the respondent in a high-profile appeal to the UK Privy Council in a shareholder’s dispute involving a Macau casino license and land ownership rights.
- Acting for an agritech company in pursuing a share buy-out and the interim reconstitution of the board in unfair prejudice proceedings.
- Leading a series of judicial review and injunction proceedings for a funds house, advising on compliance with search warrants and notices issued under the Securities and Futures Ordinance.
- Assisting corporate victims of internet fraud in tracing monies transferred to accounts in the PRC and Hong Kong; defending a PRC citizen investigated by the police and the Commercial Crime Bureau for money laundering.
- Acting for a shipping port equipment manufacturer in arbitration proceedings to defend breach of contract and tort claims.
- Defending the shareholder of a securities company against a claim of breach of the share sale and purchase agreement in arbitration proceedings.
- Representing a company in obtaining interim injunctive relief in a defamation and breach of privacy suit against an individual.
- Acting for a statutory body in defending a suit against a vexatious litigant.
- Acting for a high net-worth individual in seeking a declaration of constructive trust against the registered owner of multi-million properties located in HK and Canada.
Eunice is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- One of the 50 Women to Watch 2023 – Corporate Counsel Business Journal