Eunice is a partner with the firm’s Dispute Resolution Group. She is qualified to practise in Hong Kong and Canada with extensive experience advising financial institutions, corporations and high net-worth individuals in multi-jurisdictional disputes including:
- bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings and related litigation arising from such proceedings
- shareholders’ disputes and disputes arising from the mismanagement of company affairs
- contractual disputes
- white collar crime including financial regulatory investigations and related judicial review proceedings
- internet fraud and money-laundering
- trademark disputes
- defamation and breach of privacy claims
- land disputes
- trust and estate disputes for private clients
Prior to joining OLN, Eunice was a member of the litigation teams of international and PRC-based law firms and a prosecutor for the Canadian government.
Admissions & Memberships
Since 1998 Solicitor, British Columbia, Canada
Since 2013 Solicitor, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
The University of British Columbia
Doctor of Law (J.D.)
University of Toronto
Bachelor’s degree, Philosophy
March 2022 – interview with Sing Tao Daily (星島日報) and Headline Daily (頭條日報). Eunice spoke about the challenges faced by Hong Kong businesses and employees during the latest Covid-19 outbreak and shared her experience in handling business closures.
What Others Say
Eunice provides top-notch advice, with excellent service and quick turnaround. I’ve been working with Eunice since August 2020, the case is satisfyingly settled and I am very pleased to have Eunice in looking after my case.
– Stephen Cheng (Representative of a high-end jewellery company and of a member of royalty)
Eunice is a terrific litigator. She gave me practical solutions to a contractual dispute that my company was involved in. Highly recommend her for corporate contentious matters!
– Brian Cheung
Eunice has gone the extra mile to help me and my company on employment issues, contractual negotiation and potentially contentious issues involving new government regulations. Her patience, hard working attitude and strategies are what I appreciate about her.
– Belinda Koo
BANKRUPCY AND INSOLVENCY
- Acting for the liquidator and provisional liquidator in over 40 highly-contested winding up proceedings as part of a global insolvency and restructuring process of a multi-national fish trading conglomerate with worldwide operations and entities listed in HK and Singapore.
- Acting for a PRC-controlled company in setting aside an interim injunction and commencing proceedings for the appointment of a provisional liquidator in an offshore jurisdiction with a view to removing directors within the group on the basis of equitable winding up.
- Defending shareholders in a suit commenced by the trustees-in-bankruptcy of a previous shareholder (the bankrupt) alleging that the sale of shares through different layers should be declared void for lack of consideration.
- Representing an international private bank in bankruptcy proceedings against a guarantor with a high profile in Asia.
DISPUTE OVER SHARES AND THE MANAGEMENT OF A COMPANY
- Acting for the respondent in a high-profile appeal to the UK Privy Council in a shareholder’s dispute involving a Macau casino license and land ownership rights.
- Acting for an agritech company in pursuing a share buy-out and the interim reconstitution of the board in unfair prejudice proceedings.
- Leading a series of judicial review and injunction proceedings for a funds house under investigation by the Securities and Futures Commission
- Acting for a high net-worth individual in seeking a declaration of constructive trust against the registered owner of multi-million properties located in Hong Kong and Canada.
FRAUD, PRIVACY AND DEFAMATION
- Assisting corporate victims of internet fraud in tracing monies transferred to accounts in the PRC and Hong Kong; defending a PRC citizen investigated by the police and the Commercial Crime Bureau for money laundering.
- Representing a company in obtaining interim injunctive relief in a defamation and breach of privacy suit against an individual.
- Acting for a statutory body in defending a suit against a vexatious litigant.
- Acting for a shipping port equipment manufacturer in arbitration proceedings to defend breach of contract and tort claims.
- Defending the shareholder of a securities company against a claim of breach of the share sale and purchase agreement in arbitration proceedings.
English, Cantonese and Mandarin