Angel Luo specializes in a wide range of intellectual property law practice from litigation to licensing and portfolio management. Angel helps clients devise and implement brand-protection strategies and enforce IP rights. She also advises and represents clients in administrative lawsuits relating to trademark affirmation and authorization, civil lawsuits involving IP infringement and civil dispute cases. She is qualified by the China Ministry of Justice and is a registered foreign lawyer of OLN with the Law Society of Hong Kong.
Angel is experienced in all aspects of Trademark laws including clarence, prosecution, due diligence, acquisition, licensing, opposition, revocation proceedings as well as rights enforcement. Her specialty also includes advising on trade secret transaction and protection, copyright licensing, enforcement and litigation, and dealing with China Customs and anti-counterfeiting enforcement matters involving IP rights and anti-unfair competition law in China.
Angel graduated from China University of Political Science and Law with a bachelor’s degree in Law. After that, she obtained her Master of Laws degree in Chinese Business Law from the Open University of Hong Kong. She successfully passed the National Bar Examination in 2007 and was admitted as a practicing lawyer to the Beijing Municipal Bureau of Justice in 2008.
Prior to joining OLN in 2017, Angel was a trademark attorney at two leading IP firms/agent in Hong Kong, focusing on intellectual property law practice. Before that, she was a lawyer at a prestigious law firm in Beijing and has been involved in both contentious and non-contentious aspects of intellectual property law, civil & commercial law, and criminal law practice.
Angel has worked in Beijing and Hong Kong. She is fluent in English and Chinese (Putonghua and Cantonese).
Professional Associations & Membership
• Member of Trademark Office Practices Committee – International Trademark Association (INTA) (2020 ~ 2021)
• Member of Law Society of Hong Kong (2019 ~ present)
• Member of Beijing Lawyers Association (2008 ~ 2019)
• Member of All China Lawyers Association (2008 ~ 2019)
Articles & Insights
• Effects on the use of a Trademark as Oem in China, by Evelyne Yeung (Senior Associate) & Angel Luo (Registered Foreign Lawyer), OLN Law - Hong Kong - the January 2020 Edition of Legal Era Magazine. https://www.legaleraonline.com/le_mag_pdf/Legal_Era_Magazine_Jan2020.pdf