Barbara obtained her Bachelor of Business Administration degree (double majoring in Economics and Finance) from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology with First Class Honours. She subsequently completed her Juris Doctor degree with the graduation dean’s list award and the Postgraduate Certificate in Laws at the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Barbara joined OLN as a trainee solicitor in 2017, and received training in both non-contentious commercial matters including company restructuring, due diligence, shareholders’ agreement drafting and general commercial matters (including but not limited to other commercial agreements drafting and matters on employment and data privacy), as well as contentious matters involving shareholders’ disputes, commercial disputes, employment disputes, probate matters, family matters and debt recovery. She qualified as a solicitor in Hong Kong in August 2019 after completing her training at OLN.
Barbara is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Successfully assisted a client with the acquisition of a minority equity stake in a blockchain company by conducting a full scope legal due diligence against the target company
- Conducted legal due diligence against multinational corporations for intended mergers and acquisitions
- Advised on and assisted the restructuring of a multinational education technology company group
- Acting as the legal advisor to a Hong Kong company engaged in the carnival business for its carnivals and other related businesses in Hong Kong and Singapore
- Regularly drafting employment agreements and consultancy agreements for large corporations
- Advised employers on the enforceability of restrictive covenants, termination entitlements, termination arrangement and personal data privacy
- Advised employees on termination entitlements and unreasonable and unlawful dismissal cases, and obtained satisfactory result for the complainant employees
- Advised on and assisted corporations on the setting up of their employee stock ownership plan
- Advising on a high profile white-collar crime case
- Represented a party to a big money divorce case and successfully obtained an injunction order against the other party restraining dissipation of assets
Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Experience
- Representing administrator of a high-profile estate with assets across the world which have attracted media attention
- Advised and assisted high net worth individuals with assets across the world to set up trusts for their tax and estate planning
- Successfully assisted clients in obtaining Grant Ad Colligenda Bona (i.e. temporary grant of letters of administration) for cases where administration of the estate is urgent