Eunice is a partner with the firm’s Dispute Resolution Group. She is qualified to practise in Hong Kong and Canada with extensive experience advising financial institutions, corporations and high net-worth individuals in Hong Kong, PRC-related, offshore and multi-jurisdictional disputes including:
- white collar crime including financial regulatory investigations and related judicial review proceedings
- internet fraud and money-laundering
- bankruptcy and winding up proceedings
- multi-party, cross-border shareholders’ disputes
- intellectual property disputes
- contractual disputes
- land disputes
- data privacy contentious matters including defending corporations from alleged breaches of privacy legislation at the tribunal, District Court and Court of Appeal levels
- trust and estate disputes for private clients
Prior to joining OLN, Eunice was a prosecutor for the Canadian government and a member of the litigation teams of international and PRC-based law firms.
- Acting for the liquidator and provisional liquidator in over 40 highly-contested winding up proceedings as part of a global insolvency and restructuring process of a multi-national fish trading conglomerate with worldwide operations and entities listed in HK and Singapore.
- Acting for a PRC-controlled company in setting aside an interim injunction and commencing proceedings for the appointment of a provisional liquidator in an offshore jurisdiction with a view to removing directors within the group on the basis of equitable winding up.
- Acting for the respondent in a high-profile appeal to the UK Privy Council in a shareholder’s dispute involving a Macau casino license and land ownership rights.
- Acting for an agritech company in pursuing a share buy-out and the interim reconstitution of the board in unfair prejudice proceedings.
- Defending a famous local media company against alleged violations of the Gambling Ordinance and civil suit in defamation.
- Leading a series of judicial review and injunction proceedings for a funds house, advising on compliance with search warrants and notices issued under the Securities and Futures Ordinance.
- Acting for an international private bank in bankruptcy proceedings against a PRC-resident guarantor who is the subject of international media attention.
- Assisting corporate victims of internet fraud in tracing monies transferred to accounts in the PRC and Hong Kong; defending a PRC citizen investigated by the police and the Commercial Crime Bureau for money laundering.
- Acting for a shipping port equipment manufacturer in arbitration proceedings to defend breach of contract and tort claims.
- Acting for a high net-worth individual in seeking a declaration of constructive trust against the registered owner of multi-million properties located in HK and Canada.
- Advising a Toronto-based listed securities firm on a large-scale class action lawsuit involving fraudulent misrepresentation of gold discovery.
Eunice is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.