Davis specialises in commercial litigation, international arbitration and contentious regulatory matters. He has experience in cross-border commercial disputes involving local and overseas listed companies, shareholders disputes, debt recovery, and SFC and Customs investigations. Separately, he has published widely in Hong Kong Lawyer and Asian Dispute Review on arbitration topics.
Davis has also acted for local and overseas clients in non-contentious matters, including employment and probate matters.
Davis graduated from the University of Hong Kong with first class honours in both Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts (Literary Studies) before obtaining the Postgraduate Certificate in Laws from the same university.
- Assisting a Taiwanese listed company in a UNCITRAL arbitration in Hong Kong and in multiple Hong Kong Court proceedings to seek third party evidence in support of arbitration
- Advising a subsidiary of an Austrian listed company in relation to arbitration clause in consultancy agreements
- Assisting an Italian motorsport company in claiming against a Hong Kong company for outstanding fees pursuant to a partnership agreement with arbitration clause
- Assisting a private client in seeking a stay of court proceedings in favour of arbitration
- Assisting a German company in an action claiming breach of contract in excess of EUR30 million
- Assisting a shareholder and director of a century-old famous cake shop in shareholders and contract disputes
- Assisting a former CEO against a claim from a Hong Kong listed company for shares subscription and warrant exercise fees
- Assisting a Chinese state-owned company in enforcing in Hong Kong a Mainland Chinese judgement debt of RMB 100 million
- Assisting a director in an SFC investigation for allegedly unlicensed activities
- Assisting clients in respect of market rigging allegations in SFC investigations
- Assisting a major airline in applying for licences for import/export of strategic commodities and radioactive substances
Articles and Works
- Making Sense Of Jurisdiction-Admissibility Distinction: When Day Becomes Night – Hong Kong Lawyer, April 2023 (cited in C v D  HKCFA 16, §132)
- Duty of Disclosure of Arbitrator: Haze Over its Corresponding Remedy – Hong Kong Lawyer, August 2022
- The Arbitrator’s Duty of Disclosure: A Duty Without a Remedy? – Asian Dispute Review, April 2022
- Leave No Stone Unturned: Contractual Indemnity As The Best Safeguard – Hong Kong Lawyer, September 2021
- Unveiling and Managing Risks in Multilingual Contracts – Webinar at Hong Kong Academy of Law, August 2021 (Research assistance)