"Strategic, pragmatic and goal-oriented, with over 20 years of litigation experience. Tough where needed, but also willing to relentlessly pursue ways to resolve disputes amicably."
Peter focuses extensively on complex commercial litigation, primarily involving aviation and insurance-related subject matter.
Peter has handled numerous cross-border controversies and matters in court and alternative dispute resolution forums. He has a deep understanding of aviation industry in particular, and is also very well versed in insurance litigation. He has handled a wide gamut of commercial litigation matters and has served as outside litigation counsel a range of clients. He speaks and writes regularly on topics within his areas of experience.
Peter has successfully established a sub-practice within his existing work here at OLN, offering direct assistance to airline passengers who have suffered injury whilst travelling by air, or who have been subject to flight delay and/or cancellation. Air passengers travelling between Asia and an EU country who are subject to a flight delay of 3 hours or more, are entitled to a EUR600 compensation award under EU Regulation 261.
- Represented a UK Charter Airline in a claim brought against a UK Regional Airport, relating to damage caused to an engine by the ingestion of building debris on a recently refurbished taxiway.
- Defended claims for psychiatric harm brought by passengers against a major airline whose aircraft had been seized by Iraqi forces shortly after the invasion of Kuwait in 1990.
- Represented airlines in defending claims brought against them as a result of theft of precious metal cargo (mainly gold) from various Airports around the world.
- Represented aircraft owner in property damage claims which occurred on the runway while taxiing.
- Represented an airline in defending various claims brought against it following a major disaster.
- Defended multi-million US Dollar claims against MRO providers in respect of negligent maintenance and aircraft painting activities.
- Represented major airlines and MRO providers (predominantly those based in the Asia Pacific region) by pursuing debts across multiple jurisdictions, and securing court judgments and a recovery of sums owing.
- Pursued airport operators in respect of damage caused to parked aircraft, resulting from a failure to safeguard the airport apron and perimeter fencing.
- Pursued a PRC-based ground handling provider in respect of damage caused to an aircraft belonging to a major US airline.
- Defended a Hong Kong-based ground handling provider in respect of damage caused to an aircraft belonging to an Asian legacy airline.