Benjamin Choi is an Intellectual Property lawyer with over 20 years of experience in advising, resolving and the execution of trade mark and IP related matters for a very wide spectrum of businesses through his former tenure with 3 of the most leading and award winning law firms known for their IP practice in Hong Kong. Benjamin is recognised as one of the leading and award winning trade mark practitioners in Hong Kong. Benjamin is highly skilled in conducting IP due diligence for merger and acquisition projects involving the transaction of IP assets and is known for his practical and personal insights in the clients’ brand creation and development process.
He also advises on general IP enforcement, passing-off/unfair competition, domain name disputes and data privacy issues. Benjamin is one of the former Presidents of the Hong Kong Institute of Trade Mark Practitioners and remains actively involved in the Institute’s collaboration with the Intellectual Property Department in IP law and policy review and consultation.
Outside of Hong Kong, Benjamin is active in INTA (member since 2009 and currently serving the INTA Bulletins Committee), APAA (member since 2008 and currently a Committee Member of the HK Group) as well as Marques (member since 2015 and currently serving the IP Emerging Issues Committee).
World Trademark Review 1000
- Silver Tier Individual in Trade Mark Prosecution and Strategy in Hong Kong (2016 – 2022)
Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Recommended Lawyer in Intellectual Property in Hong Kong (2015 – 2019, 2022 – 2023)
Who’s Who Legal
- Global Leader Trademarks (2015 – 2021, 2023)
- National Leader Trademarks – Mainland China & Hong Kong SAR (2022)
- Thought Leader Trademarks – Mainland China & Hong Kong SAR (2023)
The IPR Gorilla
- Top IP Managing Partner (2022)
- Recommended Leading Intellectual Property Lawyer (2020)