Articles by Practice Area
- Stephen Peaker, Recommended Leading Lawyer 2018
- How would the new law on Significant Controllers Register concern you?
- Does the Hong Kong 2018/2019 Budget have any impact on you and your business?
- How to Catch the Candies for Start-ups in Innovation and Technology under the Budget 2018/2019
- Are you getting your slice of the “generous” tax measures as outlined in the 2018/2019 Hong Kong Budget?
- New international collaboration expands our offering in the Insurance sector
- Legal Update: Is an insurer vicariously liable for an agent’s fraud?
- GL4: Guideline on 'Fit and Proper' Criteria
- D-DAY: Commencement of a New Era of Insurance Regulation in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Insurance Industry Braces for New Corporate Governance Measures
Items filtered by date: January 2016
OLN is delighted to announce that we have been short listed for the “Independent Hong Kong Law Firm of the Year” award in the Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2016.
The annual Awards honour the work of national and international law firms across the region on the basis of research for the upcoming 2016 edition of Chambers Asia-Pacific. They recognise a law firm’s pre-eminence in key countries in the region. They also reflect notable achievements over the past 12 months including outstanding work, impressive strategic growth and excellence in client service.
Following recommendations made by the Law Reform Commission on Child Custody and Access, the Hong Kong SAR Government has launched a public consultation on a proposed legislative reform which will introduce a new “parental responsibility model” when dealing with children of divorcing parents. This new model will emphasise the continuing responsibilities of both parents towards their children, rather than their individual parental rights.
OLN’s Head of Matrimonial and Family Practice Stephen Peaker who is also the current Deputy Chairman of the Hong Kong Family Law Association, was recently invited to appear on the RTHK Radio 3 programme “Backchat” to talk about the proposed changes to the current child custody laws. Please click on the recordings below if you would like to listen to the broadcast.
The 4 month consultation will close on 25th March 2016, a full copy of the consultation document can be downloaded here.
OLN is delighted to be recommended in the 2016 Asia Pacific Legal 500 Guide in four key practice areas: Dispute Resolution, Employment, Intellectual Property and Restructuring & Insolvency.
Oldham, Li & Nie’s ‘practical, pragmatic team’, led by the ‘strategic and knowledgeable’ Richard Healy, acts on a diverse range of disputes but is singled out for its knowledge of property and lease-related cases.
Oldham, Li & Nie is recommended for trade mark issues, design registration and domain name monitoring. Vera Sung heads the team and successfully requested surrender of an infringing trade mark for a Hong Kong government department client.
At Oldham, Li & Nie, Christopher Hooley is a ‘seasoned, practical lawyer who cuts to the chase’, and Adam Hugill, who rejoined the firm from Baker & McKenzie in 2014, ‘can distil complex issues into manageable bites and is a pleasure to work with’.
Restructuring & Insolvency
Oldham, Li & Nie’s Richard Healy has a huge amount of contentious experience, handling a healthy component of insolvency cases.
Adam Hugill, head of OLN’s Employment and Business Immigration practice has also been individually recognized in the Guide as a “Leading Individual” in the Asia Pacific region.
Published annually, the guide provides unbiased commentary and insight into the legal marketplaces of 18 Asia Pacific jurisdictions.