Articles by Practice Area
- Stephen Peaker, Recommended Leading Lawyer 2018
- How would the new law on Significant Controllers Register concern you?
- Does the Hong Kong 2018/2019 Budget have any impact on you and your business?
- How to Catch the Candies for Start-ups in Innovation and Technology under the Budget 2018/2019
- Are you getting your slice of the “generous” tax measures as outlined in the 2018/2019 Hong Kong Budget?
- New international collaboration expands our offering in the Insurance sector
- Legal Update: Is an insurer vicariously liable for an agent’s fraud?
- GL4: Guideline on 'Fit and Proper' Criteria
- D-DAY: Commencement of a New Era of Insurance Regulation in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Insurance Industry Braces for New Corporate Governance Measures
Items filtered by date: April 2017
By Vincent Fong
With effect from 1 April 2017, the China Government has reduced official fees concerning trade mark registrations by 50% as follows: -
Bad faith trade mark filing is considered one of the major problems plaguing the China trademark system. It is expected that the reduction of official fees will encourage bad faith filers to file more applications. Unlike many other jurisdictions, China is a first-to-file jurisdiction. All trademark owners should consider filing their trademark in China as soon as possible to protect themselves and avoid becoming a victim of bad faith trademark registration.
OLN’s partner Anna Chan, and associate, Jonathan Lam were invited by the Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries to present on the topic of “Safeguard the Board from Email Scam: Asset Recovery and Protections” on 10th April 2017. The 1.5-hour seminar drew over 180 attendees and they were given an overview on various remedial measures and protection procedures in view of the increasing prevalence of email scam. The seminar also touched on protection of board and company secretary, a topic which is of major concern to the attendees as professional company secretaries.
You may download the presentation slides below.